In the past, whenever we thought of therapy, we thought of a man or woman listening as an individual spoke to them. In our typical scenario, we see the patient lying on a couch or sitting on a chair as the therapist takes notes. However, times have evolved from just simple talk therapy. While speaking with a counselor or therapist is still an effective method, it’s no longer the only method. New therapies are becoming available to help increase the chances of lasting sobriety for clients in rehab. One new option is evidence based therapy.
What is Evidence Based Therapy?
Our evidence based therapy program utilizes practices that have the backing of clinical studies to show high effectiveness.
Evidence based therapy can help with:
- Treating addiction by learning and understanding the reasons behind using
- Reducing cravings for the substance of choice
- Addressing any underlying issues like a mental disorder or past trauma
Ignoring underlying issues could intensify a client’s condition, which makes them essential to address. Failing to address the root cause of addiction can also mean a client could relapse easier. These evidence based therapies are to help clients gain personal insight into their own thought processes. They also develop more effective ways to handle negative emotions.
Components of Evidence Based Therapy
Defining an evidence based therapy program is to define the integration of these three components:
- Best External Evidence – Evidence found in clinical research that undergoes tests to deem the method effective.
- Clinical Expertise – Clinician’s qualifications, education, career experience and clinical skills.
- Patient Values – Unique concerns, preferences, and expectations that each patient brings to the therapeutic process.
The effectiveness of these methods depend heavily on open communication, the willingness of the client to comply with treatment and the cohesiveness of the client-therapist relationship. Morningside Recovery trusts in our evidence based therapy options for recovery. Our staff is ready to put these methods to use to help our clients fight their addictions. The team of Morningside Recovery has the necessary education and training in regards to these therapies to increase their effectiveness.They also have the passion to help those in rehab, which makes treatment more effective and more comfortable for our clients.