When you’re preparing to head to a rehab facility, stressing about what to bring is the last thing to do. Let Morningside Recovery begin to help before you even arrive. We take the stress out of packing. Discover the full list of what to bring and not to bring. Morningside allows for outside trips to local stores if you forget something. We know leaving your home will be stressful enough, so don’t let packing make you tense.
Packing for Recovery
Morningside Recovery suggests you pack two to three weeks worth of clothing. We have on-site laundry facilities, so there’s no need to over-pack. Keep in mind the time of year you’ll be here, and the fact that you will be venturing indoors and outdoors depending on your level of care. The average temperature in coastal Orange County is typically between 65-75 degrees, but because we are close to the ocean, temperatures can fluctuate quickly, so make sure to pack clothes for both warm and cool weather, as well as items to layer and take off over the course of the day.Use our lists to check off as you begin to pack. This will help you keep track of what to bring while helping to prevent you from bringing something you shouldn’t.
What to Bring: Packing List (2 bags max)
- 2 weeks worth of casual clothing (washers and dryers available)
- All personal hygiene products including, deodorant, bath soap, shampoo/conditioner, shaving supplies, toothpaste, toothbrush, and feminine hygiene products, contact solution, sunscreen, etc.
- Walking shoes/tennis shoes
- Socks (several pairs)
- Blow dryer, curling/flat iron etc.
- Jacket, hoodie, or heavy sweater
- Bathrobe, slippers, and pajamas
- iPod/portable music player—with headphones
- Gym clothes and bag (shorts, workout shirt, running shoes, etc.)
- Cigarettes or Vape
- Any medications not pre-approved or without prescription
- Over the counter (OTC) medications
- Unnecessary jewelry
- Alcohol based mouthwash, isopropyl alcohols, or any items that contain alcohol
- Car or motorcycle
For Pet Owners
- Vaccination records with flea and tick regiment
- All dogs must have leashes
- All cats must be in carrier when admitting
- Pet bowls with at least two weeks of food
Preparing for Your Stay at Morningside Recovery
Don’t let preparing for your stay at Morningside Recovery stress you out. Our professionals are ready to help you both during the preparation process and your treatment journey. It may be easier to pack if you imagine you’re taking a personal trip to a relaxing, serene resort. While you’ll be working on your recovery, you’ll also have time to relax and de-stress, as well as participate in a variety of activities.
Once you arrive at our facility, you’ll have access to a number of services and amenities to comfort and relax you. Some of these amenities include:
- World-class fitness centers
- Entertainment lounges
- A yoga and tai chi studio
- Gourmet meals
Alongside our addiction treatment services, mental health treatment programs, and addiction therapy services, you’ll have a full continuum of care to overcome your addiction and continue managing it long after you leave the facility.
Addiction doesn’t have to control your life. Take your first steps with Morninside Recovery. If you have any questions about what to bring during treatment, call to speak to our staff today at 855-416-8202.