While the use of drugs has been an ongoing issue within the United States, the use of opioids is on the rise. In fact, several states recently declared states of emergency in the battle against opioid use. Because of this, opioid addiction treatment options are becoming more available and accessible to users hoping to find recovery.
Opioid addiction treatment often uses medication-assisted treatment to achieve recovery. MAT is a treatment plan includes when a medication along with other forms of therapy and services to achieve recovery. The three medications often found in this type of treatment are the following:
- Methadone- This medication is a long-acting synthetic opioid agonist medication that helps to reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms. This medication works best when alongside behavioral therapy.
- Buprenorphine- This medication works against the opioid receptors in the brain. This means the drug itself blocks the euphoria felt by using heroin while eliminating cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
- Naltrexone- This is a synthetic opioid antagonist. It will block the drug from binding to receptors, which prevents the euphoric feeling during use.
Benefits of Opioid Addiction Treatment
So why choose a medication-assisted treatment option while trying to end opioid use? Consider the following benefits:
- Withdrawal symptoms- One main deterrent from ending opioid use is the fear of withdrawal. These symptoms can be extremely uncomfortable, and sometimes even dangerous. During treatment, a trained medical professional will be able to manage your symptoms to create a safe transition.
- Social improvement- When attempting detox alone, many users find themselves overcome by the pain of withdrawal. During treatment, clients can focus on the behavioral and psychological aspects of recovery without the distraction of withdrawal. While some symptoms may still occur, their intensity diminishes significantly.
- Physical symptoms- Some of the more painful symptoms of withdrawal are the physical signs of dependence. Opioid addiction treatment can help alleviate the physical symptoms of withdrawal to create a less-stress environment for recovery.
Choosing Opioid Addiction Treatment for Recovery
If you or a loved one is suffering from opioid addiction, treatment is a must. Without treatment, recovery will seem impossible. Withdrawal symptoms without medical support can hinder the recovery process, and even put your life at risk. If you happen to achieve detox, you will see triggers often. Without the proper coping skills, these triggers will cause relapse to occur quickly. To end the cycle, reach out to Morningside Recovery for opioid addiction treatment.
Our Orange County facility is here to help those suffering from addiction find help and lasting recovery. Our substance abuse treatment options along with our state of the art facility create the perfect atmosphere for success.
The addiction treatment services and programs we offer include the following:
To learn more about our opioid addiction treatment options and how we can help you find recovery, reach out to us today. Call Morningside Recovery today at 855-631-2135 to find out more information. Let us help you make better choices every day.