Did you know that July 5th was Workaholic’s day? Why would anyone want to celebrate that, right? Instead, here’s some quick tips about mindfulness for workaholics and a reminder to take a minute to be in the present and mindful of all the good around you.
- Enjoy your health! Take a walk or ride your bike
- Get outside, have some fresh air, silence your cell phones AND put them away for an hour
- Interact with your friends and loved ones, go for a walk
- Sit under the shade of a tree or tend to the garden
- Fire up the BBQ, turn up the music on your speakers
- Play with your dog outside, take a day trip somewhere
- Go to a matinée movie or head to the beach
- Close your eyes and take three long, deep breaths
- Sit in the sunshine for 15 minutes
- If it’s raining outside, read a chapter in a book unrelated to work or school
Mindfulness for Workaholics
Be in the moment, and take a break! There’s more to life than the mind numbing cycle of work-vacation-work-vacation. Mindfulness is all about appreciation, gratefulness, and living in the present. A word to the wise: It’ll get done. Work always gets done. Look away from a screen and out the window. Life is more than work. Make the most of it, even if you only have a minute to reflect—close your eyes, take a deep breath, and be thankful.
Many workaholics develop substance addictions to help them cope with stress. At Morningside Recovery, we help workaholics get to the roots of their addictions and teach them mindfulness techniques that will support them for the rest of their lives. Through our rehab programs, addiction treatment services, and addiction therapy services, we help workaholics learn to manage the stress and responsibilities they juggle everyday. To learn more about mindfulness for workaholics, call Morningside Recovery today at 855-416-8202.