Orange County, California, now referred to as “The OC” thanks to the late Teen Drama of the same name, is the California Dream. Breathtaking beaches, sun filled days and year-round warm weather make this metropolitan area a popular destination spot. The mellow vibe creates the ideal setting for addiction recovery. With the beautiful local amenities and expert knowledge in OC, clients can effectively face addiction and mental health problems. Orange County rehab residents can surf, hike the coastal cliffs, and enjoy numerous vibrant neighborhoods.
Begin Again in Orange County Rehab
People from all over the United States come to Orange County rehab. Many choose to stay after treatment- and why not? According to LocationOC.com, Orange County is one of the most desirable places to live, work and play.
- California has the nation’s lowest overall crime rate. In the past 10 years reported crime has dropped 12%.
- California passed a law that gives drug users and loved ones access to lifesaving opiate overdose reversal medicine naloxone at pharmacies without a prescription.
- Los Angeles Times reports that Orange County’s economy is expected to accelerate in 2015. Job growth will drive the Orange County’s housing recovery.
- A forecast by Chapman University reports that Orange County businesses will add almost 38,000 jobs in 2015.
- There are many desirable Fortune 500 companies headquartered in OC including The Walt Disney Company, Boeing and Bank of America.
- Orange County belongs to the “Tech Coast” – A diverse technology sector that includes companies like Blizzard Entertainment, Kinston Technology and Western Digital.
- The Launchpad Program, and other services help clients meet career goals with vocational training and job finding assistance.
OC’s Got Talent
Top musical and acting talent got their start in Orange County. Native OC bands like Social Distortion, Sublime, and No Doubt with lead singer Gwen Stefani epitomize the Orange County lifestyle with their beach-inspired punk rock sound. Famous actors and comedians like Will Ferrell, Diane Keaton, Steve Martin, Cuba Gooding Jr., and Michelle Pfeiffer grew up and launched careers in the OC. Mitch Hurwitz, the creator of the Netflix comedy Arrested Development, grew up in Costa Mesa and Newport Beach. His comedy about a dysfunctional yet lovable family is based on his childhood in OC.
Orange County is an ideal place for people recovering from addiction to make a fresh start. Sober houses and clubs give clients purpose and the assistance they need to start new sober lives. Orange County rehab clients don’t recover in a cramped office cut-off from society; they recover in a vibrant seaside city with endless possibilities for the future.
Transitional Living and Sober Living Houses in Orange County help clients stay drug-free in a supportive community of like-minded people that understand addiction. California has a hip and thriving sobriety culture that advocates nutrition and health.
Sober Surfing groups in Orange County have proved incredibly helpful for people recovering from addiction. A study at the University of Iowa found that surfing, more than any other sport, gives people a sense of serenity. Catching a wave, standing up, and gliding across the water is a spiritual experience and a natural high. People feel accomplished and rejuvenated after a day of surfing, and less tempted by short-lived highs of alcohol or drugs.
Few places in the world have captured people’s imagination like Orange County. There’s nothing quite like driving down Pacific Coast Highway with the windows down, listening to the Beach Boys as the sun sets over the ocean. The notorious OC offers a different, more laid-back way of living and the opportunity to begin again with a sober life.
Morningside Recovery is a premiere addiction and mental health treatment facility in Orange County, California. Our beautiful facility and comprehensive treatment programs provide the perfect blend in recovery. To learn more about our addiction treatment services and dual diagnosis treatment programs, call our Orange County rehab center today at 855-631-2135.