Healthy living and proper eating habits are important steps for enjoying a vigorous, long life. Making the right nutritional choices, incorporating a regular exercise routine, ensuring proper sleep, and stress management play vital roles in health.
With proper eating habits contributing to good health, it’s important to understand and recognize eating disorder signs. Problems such as compulsive eating, diseases such as bulimia and anorexia, or dealing with weight-related issues can have a negative impact on health, and having a healthy approach to eating is crucial to a well-balanced lifestyle. By ensuring a healthy approach to nutrition and exercise and making sure to get plenty of sleep each night, men and women can be certain they are making every effort to enjoy their best life possible.
- Nine Expert Tips for More Mindful Eating: Learn how to derive more benefit when eating and prevent compulsive behaviors by remaining aware during the eating process.
- Healthy Eating Tips: Learn how to incorporate healthy eating habits into your daily routine with these tips.
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans: Discover proper nutrition as recommended by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- Simple Nutrition: Learn how to improve your nutritional health and ensure proper eating habits for the entire family with these tips.
- Women and Nutrition (PDF): Create a healthy eating plan with these tips geared toward women.
- Nutrition for Everyone: Use these nutritional tips to improve weight and health in the entire family.
- Tips for Dietary Supplement Users: Discover the best way to incorporate dietary supplements into your lifestyle and improve health.
- WIC Nutrition Tips: Learn ways to incorporate healthy nutritional changes in your lifestyle with these tips geared towards women and children.
- Healthy Eating for an Active Lifestyle (PDF): Use these tips to ensure you are living a healthy lifestyle with balanced nutrition.
- Money-Saving Tips: Use these budget-friendly strategies to ensure that you add healthy food to your grocery list.
- Twenty Exercise Tips: Boost your workout and your health with these exercising tips.
- Exercise Tips: Maximizing Your Potential (PDF): Get the most from your exercise with these tips that increase intensity while promoting safety.
- Exercise Tips for Beginners: Those starting a new workout can use these tips to ensure safety as well as effectiveness.
- Nine Best Exercise Tips for Boomers: Exercise is vitally important throughout the senior years and helps reduce the risk of a number of ailments. Incorporate these exercise tips designed specifically for baby boomers to maximize your workout’s effectiveness.
- Get Active: Learn the basics of exercise and discover how to live an active lifestyle with these tips and resources.
- Why Should I Be Physically Active? (PDF): Exercise provides many benefits. Learn how an active lifestyle may help lower your risk of heart disease and other conditions.
- Warm Up, Cool Down, and Be Flexible: Use these tips and learn how to exercise in a safe manner that promotes and protects knee health.
- Exercise and Type 1 Diabetes: Those with diabetes may follow these tips to help ensure they remain safe throughout exercise.
- Experts Offer Workout Tips as Part of My Heart Challenge: Lower the risk of heart disease with these exercise tips.
- Exercise Variety is the Spice of Life: Add creativity to your exercise routine with these tips and recommendations.
Information on Eating Disorders
- Eating Disorders: Learn about different eating disorders, including warning signs and steps to take.
- What Are Eating Disorders? (PDF): Discover the various types of eating disorders in this guide.
- Treating Eating Disorders: Learn the definition of eating disorders and discover how they are treated.
- Eating Disorder Information: Find resources, tips, and help for teens battling eating disorders.
- Feeding and Eating Disorders (PDF): Explore the many types of eating disorders prevalent in today’s society.
- Types of Eating Disorders (PDF): Learn more about eating disorders, who they affect, and how to treat them.
- Disordered Eating: This guide teaches about healthy eating habits and recognizing the danger signs of disordered eating.
- Eating Disorders Symptoms and Treatments (PDF): Learn the most popular methods for treating those dealing with eating disorders.
- All About Eating Disorders (PDF): Find the answers to many questions in this guide to treating anorexia and other eating disorders.
- What is Binge Eating Disorder? (PDF): Learn about binge eating and find out the recommended methods for treating the condition.
Sleep and Stress Information
- Sleep Rocks!: Learn more about sleep and discover ways to ensure you are getting the recommended amount of sleep each night.
- Behavioral Sleep Disorders in Children and Adolescents (PDF): Discover how to recognize sleep disorders in young children. Find treatments that are safe as well as effective.
- Sleep and Common Sleep Problems (PDF): Learn what normal sleep is and how important it is when striving for a healthy lifestyle.
- Top 10 Stress-Management Techniques: Use these tips to manage stressful situations in your life and remain balanced.
- Stress Management Tips (PDF): Learn how to use a healthy lifestyle as part of your stress management program.
- Tips for Managing Stress (PDF): Use these ideas to help incorporate peaceful states into your life and reduce the negative impacts of stress.
- Sleep Disorders (PDF): Learn the difference between sleep disorders and normal sleep patterns.
- Stress Management Activities and Tips (PDF): Use these activities to induce relaxation and reduce the amount of stress in your daily life.
- Sleep Disorders in Later Life (PDF): Learn how aging affects the sleeping process and what sleeping disorders commonly afflict the elderly.
- Stress Management: Understanding Stress (PDF): Use these tips to recognize stress in your life and learn how to deal with it effectively.