I have been doing yoga for several years, and it has become so entwined in my life that I can hardly imagine a day of not doing it. Taking a few minutes out of my busy schedule to relax and meditate is crucial to my continual success and happiness.
People often ask me what I listen to, and I always point them in the direction of YouTube. There are so many channels that help beginners learn the art of meditation and hundreds of others that help the body and spirit in more specific ways. Here are 9 YouTube channels that help bring inner peace and strengthen your spirit along the way.
- Relax: Meditation and Sleep Music: Pick a favorite meditation space and start this 30 minutes of peaceful music. Your body will easily relax, and your mind will get a break from stressful thoughts. Pick your personal favorite yoga poses and do them while the music plays.
- AUM Meditation for Opening Third Eye Chaka Point: I have to first start off by mentioning this man’s very soothing voice. I am very picky about who I listen to during yoga, and I could easily play his YouTube channel repeatedly for months. Beyond his voice, you will experience meditation guidance from an amazing teacher.
- Relaxation Music for Three Hours: We all go through periods in our life in which we suffer from anxiety and stress more than normal. Recovering from an addiction requires the mind to be at its strongest. Playing music in the background helps the brain calm down and makes it easier to transition into a meditative state. Play three hours of music to prepare, begin, and complete your meditation.
- Chakra Cleansing and Activating Guided Meditation: This is a great place to start a meditation journey. In the beginning, it is hard to relax and free your mind, but Zia uses her hypnotherapy skills to guide you through 20 minutes of powerful relaxation.
- Guided Meditation – Blissful Deep Relaxation: This is on one of the most viewed meditation channels on YouTube, and once you listen to it, you will understand why. They combine music with a calming voice to completely relax your body; my thoughts just fade away.
- Healing Spirit: Guided Meditation for Relaxation, Anxiety, Depression, and Self-Acceptance: While going through recovery, I struggled with many emotions; depression, stress, anxiety, and guilt surfaced throughout the beginning months. It was hard not to focus on past mistakes, and I often hated myself. When I began meditating, I was able to free my mind and accept my whole self. This meditation video is aimed at the emotions so often felt during recovery. It is a great place to start to find your inner you and experience self-acceptance.
- Guided Kundalini Meditation: This 30-minute video is so relaxing that you will probably find your eyes fluttering shut as your body drifts off to sleep. I love to play it at night when my thoughts are running wild and my mind won’t shut off.
- Simple Relaxation – A Guided Meditation: This is one of my favorite relaxation videos, as it goes beyond music and voice. It uses visualization techniques that can be reapplied during moments of stress throughout the rest of your day.
- 10-Minute Guided Meditation to Ease Anxiety, Worry, and Urgency: We all have busy lives. The thought of taking a minute to relax might be the last thing you have time for, but our bodies desperately need it. This 10-minute guide is something you can easily fit in your morning routine or right before bed. I love doing it before work as a way to start off my day with positive emotions. If you can fit meditation into your daily life, you will immediately see the positive results it has for your spirit and mind.