Admitting to Morningside Recovery is as painless a process as possible. We meet the client where he or she is in life, and the goal is to start getting well right away. For more information on interventions or travel arrangements please contact our admissions staff at (866) 942-0095 at any time.
Easy Admission Process.
- Clients – and family when applicable – meet with a treatment intake coordinator to fill out the necessary paperwork and go over any important information, such as personal rights, grievance procedures, rules and regulations, etc.
- If it is determined that detoxification is necessary, clients will be taken to a licensed detoxification facility prior to admittance into Morningside. Detoxification usually lasts anywhere from 3 to 5 days, but the time-frame for safe medical stabilization may be longer. Morningside’s clinical team will follow each client’s case while at a licensed detoxification facility
- Clients meet with their assigned addiction case manager
- Within days of arrival, clients meet with their assigned primary therapistfor a one-on-one session.
- Evaluation: During the one-on-one session with the primary therapist, a complete evaluation is conducted and an initial clinical interview is completed. At this time, a weekly conference schedule is set in order to discuss treatment plans, progress, and any other issues the client may be facing. Clients have the potential to begin treatment as soon as they arrive, attending all groups, meetings, and lectures in their customized treatment program, depending on immediate level of stabilization.
What to Bring?
Pack enough for two weeks. Bring both indoor and outdoor clothing appropriate for the season. Keep in mind the average high temperature in Newport Beach is between 65-70 degrees, but daily temperatures can fluctuate dramatically. A hooded sweatshirt is comfortable on a chilly morning that by noon turns warm enough for shorts and a T-shirt, followed by a mild evening suitable for a t-shirt and pants. Below are some specific items to bring:
- All personal hygiene articles including bath soap, deodorant, shampoo, shaving supplies, toothpaste, toothbrush, and feminine hygiene
- Casual clothes
- Walking shoes/tennis shoes
- Socks (several pairs)
- Blow dryer/curling iron
- Sweat shirt
- Jacket, sweatshirt or heavy sweater
- Bathrobe, slippers and pajamas
- IPod/portable music player, with headphones
- Gym clothes and bag (shorts, t-shirt, shoes, etc.)